Wednesday 29 February 2012

End all Bullying

Well today was anti bullying day.  I am so happy to see that bullying is now getting the attention it deserves.  It has gone on hidden for way too long.
It breaks my heart to see how young it starts and seeing the kids who are bullied.  
I know first hand about bullying, I have gone through helping my son who was bullied in school.  And why was he bullied?  Because he suffers from ADHD, has an anxiety disorder and suffers from depression.  As some kids in his class discovered this, they would tease and bully him about it.
Also the last couple of years I was also bullied in my workplace. It became unbearable I was absolutely stressed.  This in turn caused me enough stress and anxiety and depression that I went off work for a few months on a medical leave.  I am not afraid to talk about what I went through.  I am not ashamed of it.  It happens to too many people and its brushed under the mat or hidden or just put up with.  It is not right, it is not fair.
Bullies are cowards, take away their power, stand up to them.  Bullies have the problem not you.
One of the hardest things I have gone through in my life besides my marriage of 24 years breaking down, was going through the bullying process.  Lucky for me I had some great co-workers who stood by me and a union who also stood by me.  Going back to work after my medical leave was so difficult to do.  But slowly step by step, it improved at work.  In the end I did get an apology and since then work has been so good, its how it should have been all along.  
Today was a day that made me happy to see how much bullying is being bought into the media focus to help end bullying.  But it was also a difficult day because it bought everything that happened to me right in focus with me again.


So everyone - this is my story.  I am not ashamed of what I went through and I have become a stronger person having gone through it.
Anti bullying is something I am very passionate about.  I would like to have a ride to end Bullying one day.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.  I know this is not my best piece of writing but I just am writing what comes to mind.


So if you see anyone being bullied or you are bullied help or seek help.


Take care and goodnight everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Deb - you are such a brave woman. You got the MOJO Moto Mama YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dar - you bring the best out in my moto mama. ;)

      Delete